[prettyfilelist type=”pdf,xls,doc,zip,ppt,img,mp3″ filestoshow=”3641,” orderby=”title” orderdir=”ASC” hidefilter=”true” hidesort=”true” hidesearch=”true” openinnew=”true” filesPerPage=”10″]
FIREARMS APPLICANT PROCEDURE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!
(Improperly prepared applications will not be accepted or processed)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR IDENTIFICATION
- The name (including Jr., Sr., III, etc.) and address provided on the identification must exactly match the name and address provided on all application paperwork.
- Your identification must show your current address.
- If you use a PO Box on your identification, it must also show your residential address separated by a hyphen: EXAMPLE:
- John Doe
- PO Box 123 – 1234 First Ave.
- Anytown, NJ 00000
Please make changes to your MVC-issued identification or Driver’s License prior to applying.
1. Type or Print all information clearly, on all forms.
2. All addresses must be complete with house number, street, town, state, and zip
code and PO Box (If applicable).
3. All forms must be signed. It is requested you complete this in the presence of the
law enforcement officer where you are submitting the application to.
4. Return all completed and unused forms.
5. Height shall be in feet and inches; Example– 6’4″.
6. Indicate Race with either Asian, Black, American Indian or White.
7. No money is required at the time of application when dropping off application. Fees for fingerprinting must be paid directly to IdentoGO (please contact them for payment details).
- If Hammonton is your mailing address, but you pay your taxes elsewhere, you must apply in that municipality.
* The falsification of information on any of the applications for firearms permits is a
violation of N.J.S. 2C:39-10c and is crime of the third degree. Any falsification may result in criminal charges against you.
First Time Applicants for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit
- All first time applicants MUST be fingerprinted. The fingerprint process will be
completed by IndentoGo (Morpho Trust). This information and appointment form
will be provided upon the submission of your properly completed firearms
- Complete the Consent for Mental Health Records Search, form S.P. 66 (Rev.
11/07) at the following link;
- Complete a State of New Jersey Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification
Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit, Form STS-033 (Rev. 09/09) at the following link;
- References should not be relatives, and addresses must be complete, for mailing
Subsequent Applications for Additional Permits to Purchase a Handgun or Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Cards
- A Criminal History Records Check must be conducted on all subsequent
- As of March 2015, the State Bureau of Identification (SBI) has mandated that all
State Police Applicants 212A forms must be completed electronically. SBI will
no longer accept the yellow 212A paper form for a Duplicate Firearms Purchaser
Identification Card and Handgun Purchase Permits. See below for new
instructions to complete the 212A process electronically.
212A ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Login to the website https:/www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/
- When asked for the agency’s ORI number, enter NJ0011300
- A literal translation will appear giving the option of continuing or
canceling the filing.
- If you choose to continue you will fill out the demographics and select the
background needed. For Firearm Purchaser Identification Cards and
Handgun Purchase Permits you will select:
NJS 2C:58-3. Firearm licensing.
- You will then be requested to enter your State Bureau of Identification
number (SBI number- also known as the Firearms Identification number).
This is to ensure that you have been finger printed under a firearms
application before. If you have not you will be rejected from the process at
- If all information is correct, you will then check out by making the
payment by credit card or electronic check. Once the payment is verified,
you will receive a Confirmation & Receipt that will include your
confirmation number. It is recommended you save this document for your
- You will find additional instructions in the help section once you set up
your account and become a user.
Any problems or questions contact SBI at 609-882-2000 extension 2918.
- Additional purchase permit applicants must fill out the State of New Jersey
Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase
Permit, Form STS-033 (Rev. 09/09); http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf
- Applicants for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card duplicate card, i.e.,
mutilated, lost or stolen, change of address, name and/or sex, must complete form
- All applicants must complete the Consent For Mental Health Search, form SP-66
(Rev. 11/07); http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-066.pdf
- Current issued Firearms Purchaser Identification Card shall be surrendered at the
time of submission of new application.
- 1. Firearms ID Card- $ 5.00- Initial Only, no fee for a duplicate card.
Permit to Purchase a Handgun- $ 2.00 each
(These fees may be paid by cash, check, or money order payable to the “Hammonton Police Department”)
If you are applying for a Handgun Purchase Permit, there is no limit on the
quantity of permits you may apply for.
3. Criminal History Check- fee is $20.00 – Only required after you have been
initially fingerprinted. I.E. – Duplicate Firearms ID Card, Permit to
Purchase a Handgun.
(MUST BE PAID USING THE ONLINE APPLICATION)
4. IndentoGo (Morpho Trust) – Information to include appointments and fees
will be provided upon submission of a correctly completed application.
For additional Firearm information please visit >>>> http://www.njsp.org/info/forms.html#firearms