Temporary and Permanent Handicapped Placards

The Chief of
Police may issue temporary handicapped parking placards for individuals that
meet certain qualifications. Placards issued by the Chief of Police are valid
for a period of not more than six months. For needs that exceed this period you
must contact the New Jersey Motor Vehicle


1. Pick up material
at the Office of Chief of Police. You must complete the form that you have

provided along with your healthcare professional, according to the
guidelines contained on the form. When the form is complete, return it to the
Chief of Police Office. You must also bring with you and submit a check or money
order for $4.00 US Dollars payable to NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.

The Chief’s Office will review your application and issue a temporary placard,
if appropriate.

3. Permanent Placard forms may be picked up at the
Office of Police wherein same is to be filled out by handicapped and healthcare
professional and mailed to Motor Vehicle Commission, Special Plate Unit in
Trenton, NJ (1-888-486-3339).