News and Announcements FL
Just for Posts
Trick-or-Treat will be held on Saturday October 31, 2020 from 4:30-7:00pm.
Households Choosing to Participate Should Follow These Health & Safety Protocols:
- Must be outside in the front yard area and must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Must limit contact with Trick-or-Treat participants.
- Must distribute pre-packaged and sealed items only.
- Mask/cloth covering must be worn by individuals dispensing candy.
- Items and devices to limit direct contact are welcome.
Residents Choosing to Participate in Trick-or-Treat Should Follow These Health and Safety Protocols:
- Must wear mask/cloth face covering in place of or in addition to a decorative costume mask.
- Must limit contact with households welcoming Trick-or-Treat participants.(Maintain social distance and avoid contact by holding your treat bag open).
- Should travel your route within your household unit or small group.
- Should not eat items while Trick-or-Treating.
- Should have a flashlight, reflector or luminescent device.
- Only go up to houses that have dispensing participants OUTSIDE in the yard.
Households Choosing Not To Participate Will Not Be Outside In The Front Yard Area And It Is Recommended To Leave The Porch Light Off During The Hours Of 4:30-7:00PM
Fire Prevention Week is October 4th-October 10th. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Hammonton Volunteer Fire Department has created a Fire Prevention website with games and interactive media.
Visit https://www.hammontonfire2.com/fire-prevention to see what this year’s Fire Prevention Week is all about.
The Town in coordination with NJDOT and consultant Sam Schwartz, will be holding the next Public Information Center next Wednesday, September 30th at 7:00pm to discuss the Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan.
The live Zoom meeting will be broadcast on local access tv Channel 9 and streamed on our YouTube and Livestream Channels.
You will need to register in advance here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tvqmrYXGTjWdK7w9JFY-3Q
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Town Council meeting will be held on Monday, August 24th at 7:00pm via Zoom video conferencing. This meeting will be broadcast on Comcast local channel 9, YouTube and Livestream.
The video presentation will also be broadcast on Channel 9.
Visit the School District’s Facebook page or website for updates and more information.
The Highway Department is collecting unlimited brush this week. Please place your brush at the curb and crews will be by to collect it. If you would like to drop your brush off at the 8th Street convenience station, you may do so today, tomorrow and Friday between the hours of 9:00-3:00. On Saturday, the station will be open to accept brush and bulk items between the hours of 10:00-3:00.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Highway Department at 609-567-4336 or Town Hall at 609-567-4300 x 105.
Letters were sent to Hammonton business owners on June 26th announcing that Mayor and Council have passed Resolution #067-2020, which allows for the 2020 business registration fees to be waived.
Business owners will still need to renew their license to keep all records current and to notify the Clerk of any changes.
Please do so by returning the form on the reverse side of the letter that you received or by contacting the Clerk’s office at 609-567-4300.